Launching a cryptocurrency exchange is no easy task.
It’s expensive, time-consuming, and contains many roadblocks that are difficult to predict. Here’s a quick rundown of everything that a full-fledged exchange requires:
- Funding. Building and maintaining an exchange requires extensive funding – both internal (for liquidity) and external (for operations).
- Exchange infrastructure. Running an exchange is impossible if you don’t have the software to power it. You can either build this infrastructure from scratch or partner with a third-party provider to develop it.
- Technical team. Building the exchange is only the beginning. You still need a team of engineers to maintain it and provide updates for your users.
- Lawyers/Compliance officers. Cryptocurrency is still in a legal grey area in many jurisdictions. So, it’s imperative you consult with a lawyer to get any necessary licensing and ensure you’re following the proper Know-Your-Customer (KYC)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) procedures.
- Support team. Sure, you could forego a support team. But you’ll likely lose a massive amount of customers without one.
- Marketing. Without marketing, few people will visit your exchange. You need to have a substantial marketing budget to give your platform a shot at success.
As you can imagine, these costs add up rather quickly. Launching a cryptocurrency exchange usually takes around two years and can cost into the hundreds of thousands of euros.
Thankfully, Skalex provides a simple alternative.
We’re excited to announce the launch of the Skalex lightweight client – an exchange solution bringing you less overhead, fewer expenses, and, most importantly, a condensed timeline to launch your exchange.
Simply, the lightweight client is an out-of-the-box cryptocurrency exchange. You have full customization abilities over the look and feel of the exchange, but on the backend, the platform automatically connects with one of the Skalex liquidity node operators to facilitate trades.
As a lightweight client operator, you work with Skalex and liquidity node operators to create the best exchange experience for your users.
This set-up allows you to get your exchange up-and-running in a matter of minutes, not months. Even better, much of the work involving operations and maintenance are off of your plate.
The liquidity node operators provide you with licensing, AML/KYC guidance, customer support, and any fiat payment processing you may need. Additionally, Skalex handles technical support and continues to improve the platform through feature implementations and innovative functionality enhancements.
Your only responsibility is to drive users to the exchange through your marketing efforts.
Did we mention you get paid?
In return for bringing traders to the platform, you participate in a revenue share with Skalex and the liquidity node operator. While the split varies from partnership to partnership, you can expect to receive 30 to 50 per cent of the fees from each trade.
What are you waiting for?
With a near-instant set-up and a low monthly fee (just 500 euros per month), the Skalex lightweight client is the ideal, low-risk software solution. From bootstrapped start-ups to budget-conscious enterprises, we’re helping all types of organizations launch cryptocurrency exchanges as quickly and inexpensively as possible.
We’re currently offering the exclusive opportunity to participate in the alpha testing phase of the lightweight client. As a thank you, we’ll not charge the monthly fees here.
Are you interested in joining Skalex’s lightweight client alpha testing program? Contact us today.
– STATUS UPDATE –
So far, over 50 interested participants have registered for our Lightweight Client exchange solution. We are currently setting up test environments and will continue with the implementation of productive environments in August. Approximately at the beginning of September the onboarding of the lightweight participants can be started with our first Liquidity Node Operator in Estonia.