What Our DevOps Consulting Services Include
Maintenance & Support
Plan the Strategy
- Presenting the strategic benefits that a DevOps implementation can bring to your software delivery process, depending on your business priorities, current situation and industry specifics.
- Defining the business objectives for the DevOps approach that we will target. These objectives may address improved application reliability, increased software release frequency, improved user experience, or some combination of them all.
- Estimating the organizational effort required to implement DevOps and defining how the DevOps initiative will affect cross-departmental dynamics.
- Developing a DevOps strategy in direct collaboration with your IT management.
Develop a DevOps Implementation Roadmap
- Designing the containerization approach. We apply containerization to achieve software portability in the cloud and on-premises, to ensure that your software works consistently in development, testing and production environments. We place all executables, libraries, and configuration files inside containers created with Docker or PXC, or other similar tools to enable easy and consistent application deployment. Our DevOps consultants suggest using container orchestration tools like Kubernetes to simplify the deployment of containerized applications.
- Developing a CI/CD solution. We define and configure a set of CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins, Gitlab) to increase transparency across the development pipeline, automate and accelerate software delivery, find and fix application errors early in the development phase, and improve software quality.
- Advising on software test automation. To automate function, integration, performance and load testing, our experts help set up tools such as Zephyr. By using these tools, you can accelerate the delivery of software to your users and increase its overall quality. Further QA consulting can help you determine the necessary level of test automation as well as improve the quality of your testing.
- Designing a way to integrate infrastructure automation with CI/CD tools. Our DevOps team helps integrate infrastructure automation tools like Ansible, Terraform and Puppet with CI/CD tools such as GoCD, Gitlab. These integration allow you to deploy new software releases and implement infrastructure changes more quickly than you otherwise would be able to.
- Building a solution for application monitoring. To ensure the proper performance of your applications and detect errors quickly, we can assist in the configuration of an application performance monitoring tool such as Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, Graylog, Logstash or rsyslog. Your DevOps practitioners can then use these tools to detect post-release errors before your users encounter them.
- Creating a comprehensive plan for implementing DevOps in your IT environment. Our consultation team will assess your overall readiness to move to DevOps and define the most beneficial way to adopt CI/CD and IaC, align development and testing environments with production, arrange a code repository with version control, and automate development and operations processes.
- Defining DevOps-specific challenges and developing solutions. Our experts help companies like yours outlining DevOps-specific challenges (e.g., missing competencies, hard-to-containerize legacy applications) throughout a successful DevOps implementation. More importantly though, they also create a comprehensive plan to avoid or mitigate them moving forward.
Deploy the DevOps Solution
- Training your IT Sysadmins, developers, software testing engineers, and other DevOps practitioners.
- Introducing the IaC approach to automate and simplify the configuration of new infrastructures for software development as well as align the development, testing and production environments.
- Consulting and supporting the implementation and configuration of CI/CD and testing automation tools.
Support DevOps In the Production Stage
- Assist your DevOps practitioners until all goals are achieved.
- Help maintain the functionality of your software infrastructure.
- Ensure an appropriate load distribution within your IT environment.
Why choose Skalex?
Team consists of AWS Certified SysOps Admins, Red Hat Certified System Admins (RHCSA), Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP).
30 years of experience in IT consulting and software development. More than 8 years in DevOps.
Highest Security and Quality Standards
Our DevOps consultants are located in Munich and meet highest quality requirements.